Monday, September 27, 2010

Those little fingers held my hand and i felt that am in “Heaven"........




It was a summer afternoon and i was in school. My exams were going on. My second language paper was on the 15th of September and Mum had prepared me for it subject in advance. On the 14th when she was taking my test she groaned loud “urgh.............” I was just 6 and a half so I was not able to understand what was happening but I figured out that Mumma is going through some pain. Immediately I called Dad and shouted for the other members in my family. Dad rushed in the room and figured out that Mumma‘s labour pain has started. Mumma was immediately taken to the hospital. As I was having an exam and was very young so everybody had asked me not to go along with Mumma to the hospital. I was very curious and sad because that was the first time I had to stay away from Mum for few days.






The next day i had to hurry for my school as everything was “hotch-potch”. I was missing Mumma badly. But still Dad helped me with all my work and dropped me to school. In school also i was getting impatient and was waiting to go home. At 3 o’ clock my school got dismissed, I came home and was very tired. As soon as i saw Dad i asked him where is Mum and when will she come back. Dad didn’t answer my question and just asked me to have my lunch fast and then get ready. I could not understand what to do but still i festinated. While i was getting ready i heard the horn of my car “Pee-pee”.  I ran down and sat quietly in the car. Dad was looking happy but i was not able to understand the reason. I didn’t even ask why, as i was busy thinking about Mum and the reason.
We reached the hospital in no time, and my thoughts were still lingering here and there. I got down the car and closed the door which made a loud sound. I heard the thumping of my heart beat. In the mean while Dad parked the car and came back, still i was in the same place standing. Dad called “Tanvi.......Tanvi” and then he held my hand and we both walked up the stairs. We reached the room. I remember it was room number 1. I was just about to enter and I heard a cry of a baby. It felt as if somebody was calling me. I rushed in the ward and I saw an “Angel” right next to Mumma.
The shining sun’s radiance made his skin glow like an angel. His smile made me happier than ever. I went next to him and was staring him. This was the best fragrance I had ever smelled. His touch was like feather. I kissed him on his forehead and didn’t have words how to express my feelings.
 After sometime I regained my senses. I was so happy that I was dancing to glory and hugged Mum and Dad. I was waiting when Mumma will get discharged and I will be able to hold my younger brother.




That day I realised my brother has come in my life like an angel. His presence makes me feel warm. When he is depressed I feel sad. When he is delighted I am happy. We both are so much connected that I feel that we are twins. No, actually twins also don’t feel like this.


This is dedicated to my younger brother on his birthday. Happy birthday Bhai. Love you loads and miss you........






.

11 comments:

  1. of crse i luvd it coz it was abt me.......bt it was so beatifully written in a simple way which enhances the story more.....keep it up di!!!gud work.....jst 2 weeks left 4 u 2 again tch those little fingers!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey its written so well,i liked the way u have narrated the whole story......well done keep it up....

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey ..lovely post tanvi...ur brother will surely love this .. good start .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your brother is definitely a lucky guy to have a sis lik u

    ReplyDelete
  5. An honest and lovely story that has writer's heart poured on it. It doesn't try to be perfect or even linguistically correct; it is what it is and that is the beauty of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It takes us back in time somewhere..the essence em of emotions is conveyed in a simple yet touchy manner. Effort worth appreciation...

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow... this is truly a fantastic article to read through... Tanvi, I could actually imagine the moving picture that yu are trying to portray here... & see you dancing to glory with your family & especially your little bro.

    keep it up !!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. good theme, appropriate background and content...
    lovely pictures...
    liked your blog..

    ReplyDelete