Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My Father is my Hero





Every father can make a huge difference in his daughter's life.
As the primary male role model in a girl's life, fathers influence their daughters in profound ways, from how they see themselves to what they come to expect from men and the world at large. But men often don't realize the importance of their interactions or may shy away from too close involvement because of their inexperience, or conditioning. Especially as girls move into adolescence, fathers may find themselves feeling distant from their daughters or awkward with the changing dynamic. Communication becomes difficult and parenting issues more complicated. But this is also the time when daughters most need their fathers to be an even greater presence in their lives. Dads and Daughters is a tool to bridge that gap and build a rewarding and joyful father-daughter relationship.
My father is my Hero
Daddy I remember, I was probably about three, all the times you made me laugh, like when you tickled me.

Daddy I adored you, even when I made you mad, youv'e always taken care of me, through the good times and the bad.

Daddy I remember, when you would play guitar, and we would sing to grandma, to me you were a star.

Didn't have much money, and when mom went away, you worked, cleaned and cooked for us, and taught us how to pray.

Then one day I turned sixteen, a real tough age for me, didn't always think things through and acted selfishly.

All I ever meant to do was make you proud of me, I'm sorry if I wasn't who you expected me to be.

Daddy I was hurting too, you also caused me pain, and just like you I sometimes felt I was about to go insane.

Daddy it is true that you have givem me alot, because you only wanted me to have the things you never got.

Daddy I appreciate the things youv'e bought for me, but the happiest Iv'e ever been was when we barely had a thing.

The love and trust between us then was very special to me, and there's no amount of money that could replace those memories.

Daddy what I'm getting at is no matter what you do, there's nobody else on earth that could ever hold a candle to you.

Because it takes a special man to raise two kids alone, nobody helped you do it, you did it on your own.

Daddy your my hero, the good times outweigh the bad, because God gave me the best daddy a girl could ever have.

"To My Father"
To my father
Was just on the phone to my father,
He means more than the world to me,
He may not ever know it,
Doesn't matter, because I can see.

The goodness he has blessed me with,
The strength he's given me to survive,
The knowledge he has kindly shared,
Through the way he's lived his life.

He really is my world,
I'm daddys girl, it's true,
I hope he sees this poem,
It'll mean more to him than you,

Not to be disrespectful,
Thank you for taking the time,
But if daddy really did read this,
It'd be all the more worth the while,

I might not have expressed my feelings to you but Dad I LOVE YOU.

2 comments:

  1. papa: khush raho beta.....mera toh ankh bhar aya.....chashma baar baar khol ke pochna pad raha tha.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tanvi,

    Very touching.. you're truly multi-talented!

    Dad's really don't get the affection and openness they deserve as their little girls grow up into women..

    I think it's our duty to share things with them and make them comfortable and a part of our worlds..

    I agree it's not easy to be as open to dads than it is with moms..

    But it's definitely worth a million tries after all they've been through for us.. :)

    ReplyDelete